Commercial & Industrial :. Benefits
Apart from direct savings in switching over to Natural Gas, other benefits associated with the clean fuel are-
- Versatile Applications PNG can be used for a number of applications like Heating, Power Generation, Cooking, Air-conditioning etc.
- Uninterrupted Supply IGL offers the convenience of continuous and adequate supply of PNG at all times through well laid infrastructure of pipelines.
- Safety PNG being lighter than air is safer.
- Environmental benefits PNG is a clean/environment friendly fuel. It does not leave any unpleasant soot, ash or odour.
- No spillage and pilferage In case of fuels like HSD and LDO, there are considerable chances of spillage and pilferage. In case of PNG these losses are invariably done away with, as PNG is supplied through pipes.
- No Adulteration possible which is otherwise a common problem with other liquid fuels.
- High Combustion Efficiency
- Billing - No up-front payment The daily bills, settlements and reconciliation are also avoided as the consumer is billed after usage
- No Storage Required PNG does not require any storage tank or storage space since it is supplied to you through pipelines.
- Better Inventory Management The manpower and time that was earlier being used for ensuring minimum stock levels of LPG, HSD and LDO, can be used elsewhere.
- No daily liasioning The consumer is spared the task of liasioning with oil companies and co-ordinating with them for ensuring the daily supply of fuel, because PNG is supplied directly through pipes.
- No preheating required In case of PNG, no preheating is required which leads to considerable savings on auxiliary power cost
- Lower maintenance cost With PNG, soot or ash accumulation and greasy spillages are absent from the appliances. Maintenance costs are thus, driven down.